Terms and Conditions
Please take the following steps to quickly start using your Wherespet PinPoint.
Step 1 - Prepare the micro SIM Card that will be used with the device
Wherespet PinPoint uses the mobile telecom network to send to the user location and voice data. If your Wherespet PinPoint package does not come with a micro SIM card in your country, please get one from a trusted telecom operator. To use the SIM card, please:
- 1.1 - Make sure your SIM card has enough funds for telecommunications, can send SMS, receive voice calls and use data (if you intend on using continuous tracking mode)
- 1.2 - If your SIM card has a PIN code protection, please use a cellphone to first disable that need for PIN code (can be accomplish on most phones in 'Settings' section).
- 1.3 - Insert the SIM card into the device, has shown in the following image.
Step 2 - Prepare the device
- 2.1 - Charge the battery by connecting the device with your computer or 5V microUSB charger for about 3 to 4 hours (first charge).
- 2.2 - Put the device inside the Zip Lock plastic bag.
- 2.3 - Secure the pouch on your pet's collar and, only then, place the device inside the pouch.
Step 3 - Register on the Website
- 3.1 - Download our apps OR open www.wherespet.com on your mobile phone and select "Wherespet PinPoint" > "Access Your Account" afterwards.
- 3.2 - Since it's your first use, please Sign Up for an account first.
- 3.3 - Once inside your new account, press "Add New Device" and follow the instructions. You will find the fields Identity (ID) and IMEI on the back of the device itself. Please remember when adding the actual device, the "Phone Number" is the one from the SIM card that actually goes into the device. After successfully registering the device by following all the steps mentioned by the Wherespet platform, please make sure to wait about 5 minutes before proceeding to Step 4.
Step 4 - Test
Note 1: Please make sure for this test, the device is under open sky for good GPS signal.
- 4.1 - In the Dashboard, select the device you just added.
- 4.2 - Click "Request position" icon and wait for about 1 minute and hit refresh.
Note 2: Since the device is by default in energy saving mode, sometimes you may need to request location update
twice (do one, wait a minute and request again) to actually get a GPS fix at first. Whenever the device is not capable of getting a fix within 50 seconds of the request, it'll share the LBS location.
Having problems ?
Don't worry, we'll help! Please contact our Technical Support.
(c) 2018 by Wherespet. All rights reserved.